On the subject of hosting, there are plenty of options available. Because of so many selections to choose from, you could be enticed to contemplate one of the many free of charge web hosting providers on the market. However, there are several common dangers regarding that approach which could turn out costing an individual and their business a lot of money in the future. Consequently, it is important to know what these red flags are to help you stay clear of them.
Listed below are 6 factors for avoiding free of charge hosting:
1. Lost Credibility. Your web site will frequently be the initial impression your prospects have of your business. Using no cost web hosting, you might be stuck using a very long domain name for example freehostingservice.com/yourbusiness. A domain name like this is definitely a quick signal to your prospects that this business remains in the minor leagues. It is extremely challenging to build confidence and credibility whenever your web presence is apparently fly-by-night.
2. Banner ad campaigns. The key reason these types of services are free of charge happens because you consent to permit banner advertising on your site. This means you spend the time, funds as well as energy into driving people to your internet site and the cost-free web hosting service profits by leading that targeted traffic away from you. Clearly not one of the best ways to build a successful, long-term business.
3. Restricted Functions. Free of charge hosts typically provide a limited number of services. That lack of flexibility can seriously hinder your potential to execute and develop your business on the internet. For example, should you decide on a free of charge service, you may have limited or even no access to email, FTP accounts, content management systems or e-commerce opportunities.
4. Not Enough Portability. When you pay to sign-up and sponsor your own domain, you have the alternative to transfer it. With free of charge hosting providers, this is usually not the case. So, should you invest a year or two building up your site and generating people to it prior to recognizing precisely how advantageous it becomes to own your domain name, your hard work may be out the window.
5. Overloaded Servers. This leads to slow load time for pages as well as increased downtime for your web site. Obviously, both of these concerns can have a major bad impact on the growth and profitability of your own business.
6. Poor Customer Service. Another major problem with cost-free web host services is they provide little to absolutely nothing in the way of customer support. If you experience a problem with your web page, you’ll have a very difficult time contacting anyone to aid in taking care of it. Every instant your internet site is down means an enormous possibility of frustrated customers and missing income.